Monday, March 7, 2016

Innocence +Kathleen tessaro +writing spirit , continued...

At first the same friend got this book from british library,  I didnt read it but later when I started. I found it how true the editorial review is that
"Its irresistible"

So ofcourse I liked the book because its a chick lit. means based on a women and many such feminine aspect.

At first it started in a doomed background of london and a lady taking class at evening. and later the references of her college life and love life came and it became interesting.

I like the kind of books which gives us nothing to imagine further. As when we are reading we kind of have a expectation in our mind that how the story might go. but then it suddenly changes and we have to start building our possible outcome. I like this process as it starts anew each time we encounter a shock in the flow of story.
Kathleen creates a very good plotting of unrelated and related links among the events. Joining them together as a simple quilt of dispersed patterns.
So Evie is a single working mother of a son named alex, she is going through her life, actually dreading through it with all that she can.  And suddenly her college friend appears in the middle of the sentence and she is so over powering though out the novel.
I cried the only time when she has a baby, Oh I never have encountered anymore beautiful scene written for child birth.

She just creates the entire scene with such elegance and to top it off the quote which melts your heart as if that can be the only feeling a mother can have once she has her child. utterly perfect.
We learn about how Evie has ended up being a single mother after all that she had. and you go on, exploring more and more puzzling plots to find out where the story ends.
and oh my goodness. It doesn't end.
I want to confess that I am not a very good reviewer, one should never reveal what happens in a book, which I realized when I had read a small comment about someone being dead in a novel and when I read it I was practically looking for the scene where he is gonna be dead. It was best book yet because I had read one spoiler about it ,It spoiled the entire fun of reading something unknown.

So  I am not going to reveal what happens in the end. but it just doesnt end. :D
now you'd say why should we read the novel which doesnt have a proper end, but I think thats the beauty. Like the kind of book in "The fault in our stars", the protagonist is so tortured by the idea of what happens to the characters further. And you are left with your imagination to feel safely that Yes! this is what I wanted. She gets to live with something that I imagined she will.
:)

So this was one more addition into the book I have read so far. and found out two things, as

when you are in any bad situation, Repeat this like a mantra. and this shall pass.
"This too shall pass!"
and no matter how much withered you are in your life, It always has an end to the suffering, and we do get the things which we want from bottom of our heart :)

merci amigos... :)

No comments:

Post a Comment